Sunday, November 27, 2011

Geography 3497 New look!

If you're reading this Blog to get information on the January 2012 Geography 3497 course, then please read my posts first (rather than the old course outline). Geog 3497 will be a small class this year and therefore we can work as a seminar group. That means no exams, only projects--like studying northern communities and mapping the north.
Yikes! Haven't done maps before because you're a history, english, religious studies or sociology student? That is not a problem. My job is to help you work through this, plus we get a ton of help from Leo in the mapping group. The reason I mention history and other students is that the majority of students in this class are usually geographers, but there are also students from other disciplines. You are all welcome.
Yes, it's a late night: 7 to 10 on Tuesdays, but we will normally "wrap it up" by 9:30.
Also, there is no coursepack to buy this term (L.U. doesn't use coursepacks anymore). I will be using Desire To Learn (D2L) to distribute most materials.
You will still have the one textbook by Robert Bone (see the Blog) and I think there are likely a good number of used copies around.
Still have questions? Send an email to my Laurentian email (on the Geography site).
A full course outline will be posted once I finish the two essays I'm working on (I'm a PhD student and I have to wrap up my last course)

No comments: