Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pinetree Line

Everytime I look up something about the Pinetree Radar Line I end up with more on the DEW Line (Distant Early Warning Line). I wonder if anyone out there kept records on the Pinetree?

I just received a copy of "The Dew Line Years-Voices from the Coldest Cold War" by Frances Jewel Dickson. Looks interesting, fairly informal. Will read through once this term at school is over.

I'm most interested in the Moosonee radar station that was part of the Pinetree line (although anything on Sioux Lookout or even Falconbridge would be great.

2 comments:

Paul Lantz said...

There was a website pinetreeline.org with a lot of information and photos about all of the pinetreeline stations. That website is gone but a new one is being developed at pinetreeline.ca.

Sue Heffernan said...

Thanks for the website change. What a great site!
Sue